About Maria Montessori School
Maria Montessori School serves preschool, elementary, and secondary children. The school is a not for profit California (501)C3 and is operated by Argonauta Educational Programs Inc. and is a Full Member school of the American Montessori Society.
Our school has been providing high quality education in a nurturing environment for children in San Diego since 1975. If you believe that:
- learning should be a happy, joyous experience;
- each child grows physically and mentally at his/her own pace;
- success builds confidence;
- needs and interests vary from child to child;
- children should be treated with respect;
- education is not acquired by listening to words but by experiences in which the child acts on his/her environment;
- most children have more potential than they are encouraged to develop;
- children learn best in an environment of love, security, understanding, and consistency;
- the most important years are not the years of university studies but the first ones – the formative years – when the child’s mental life is being developed;
Then come visit our Montessori school!
Maria Montessori School welcomes diversity in its student body, families, faculty and staff. The school admits students and families of any race, color, creed, national and ethnic origin to all the rights and privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students in the school. The school adheres to a policy of non-discrimination in regard to race, color, creed, national and ethnic origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, and gender identity in its admissions procedures, educational policies, and employment practices.